I have some more detail around the AGM in January as follows.
Annual General Meeting
To be held on Saturday 18th January 2014 at 1200
At London River House, Royal Pier Road, Gravesend, DA12 2BE
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Adoption of the Agenda
3. Approval of the Minutes of the 2013 AGM held on 21st April 2013
4. Chairman’s Report
5. Operations Manager’s Report
6. Treasurer’s Report
7. Adoption of the 2012/2013 Annual Report and Accounts
8. Appointment of the Reporting Accountant for the financial year ending 31 March 2014
James Ruddock-Broyd, FCA, the current Reporting Accountant has indicated his wish to stand down but it is proposed that he be re-appointed until his replacement has been agreed.
9. Election of Directors
To elect Guy Peto to serve as a Director following his appointment by the Board on 2nd November 2013. He retires at this AGM in accordance with paragraph 29 of the Articles of Association.
The following Directors, having resigned in accordance with paragraphs 24 and 25 of the Articles of Association are eligible for re-election if willing:
10. Special resolution to approve the changes in the Trust’s objects and powers as agreed at the previous AGM and subsequently approved by the Charity Commission:
Memorandum of Association existing Clause 3 to be replaced by:
3. (a) To advance the education of the public as to the historic and cultural role of Thames sailing barges in the seagoing heritage of Great Britain including making available Cambria for the purpose of the instruction of all classes of boys and girls, students and other young and/or disadvantaged persons in the principles of discipline, loyalty and good citizenship by means of educational cruises and instruction in seamanship;
3. (b) to preserve and maintain in good condition the Thames sailing barge Cambria for the public benefit as part of the heritage of Great Britain;
Memorandum of Association existing Clause 4.(1) (a) to be replaced by:
4.(1) (a) to raise funds. In doing so, the Charity shall comply with any relevant statutory regulations.
11. Any Other Business
B J Brambleby, Hon. Secretary 10th December 2013
Our man, Boss of Volunteers, Basil is pictured above in this rare shot of him taken by Maggs Kelly of St Katharine Dock fame (above)
These AGM details will also be emailed to everyone on our current list as soon as I have had a chance to update the emailing list on that email account.